The Outbound Experience 2017
Availability Update: Camp Clover is currently full for Weeks 5 and 7.
Space is still available in the other camp weeks. To register Click here.
You can also order a Camp Clover T-shirt for your camper! When you fill out the registration form, you can indicate if you would like to purchase one or not.
The YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo has provided traditional nature-based day camp to children in the Region for over 75 years. Campers are bused daily to Camp Clover, which is located in the countryside outside of Bamberg on acres of beautiful property owned by the K-W Optimist Club.Campers will enjoy traditional camp activities such as:
- Canoeing, archery, swimming, hiking
- Sports and games
- Learning camping skills
- Drama, campfires, camp songs & more
The pond at Camp Clover is a natural spring-fed pond. The water is tested regularly to ensure quality for safe swimming & splashing!
Campers are divided into groups according to age:
- Seekers – 5 years
- Explorers – 6 to 9 years
- Adventurers – 10 to 11 years
- Navigators – 12-13 years
Staff to camper ratio 1:8 for 5 year olds, 1:10 for 6-9 year olds, 1:12 for 10-13 year olds. All YWCA Camp Clover staff are over the age of 18. Like many of our campers, most of our staff return year after year!
2017 camp dates: 8 weeks from July 4 - August 25th. ( no camp Monday July 3rd and Monday August 7th)
Cost: $255 per week per child
$215 per child for week 1 ( July 4-7) & week 6 ( August 8-11)
Payment Options: Visa, Mastercard, Visa Debit, Cheque, Cash
- Regional subsidy clients are welcome.
- (Please note that campers must be at least 6 years of age to be eligible for Regional Subsidy.)
Financial Assistance is available. Contact the YWCA for more information at 519-744-3199.
- Please review the Financial section of the Parent Handbook prior to registering.
- We require the date of your child(ren)’s last immunization for Diphtheria/Tetanus/Polio and the names and phone numbers of emergency contact people. Please have this information ready in order to register.
Registrations will be confirmed by email within 3 business days. If you do not receive a confirmation, first check your spam folder, then contact the YWCA at 519-744-3199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information from the Camp Clover Parent Handbook:
- Health & Safety
- Bus Routes
- Program Outlines
- What to do & things to bring
- Weekly Themes
View 1220 Moser Young Rd in a larger map