In Her Shoes
In Her Shoes
The In Her Shoes Employment and Training Program is an 8-week program for female, transgender, and gender non-binary folks (Ages 16-65), that takes place at our online and bricks and mortar retail store called In Her Shoes. This program is for participants who are interested in learning more about developing online businesses and self-entrepreneurship, and/or who want to gain valuable job skills in a retail environment. Our goal is to provide participants who experience barriers to employment a skills-based and experiential training that helps them in their journey towards secure ongoing employment and in exploring and develop their unique small business ideas.
Each session runs for 8 weeks at a time during the hours of 10 am and 2:30 pm Monday-Friday. During this time participants are expected to attend and will have the opportunity to learn from our social enterprise coordinator and will work one three hour shift per week, earning a living wage honorarium.
We will be doing five intakes throughout the course of 2018 where 3 participants will be selected to participate in the program. More detailed information is below, please note the registration open & close dates for each session.
2019 Program Sessions
Runs: January 14th- March 8th
- Intake/registration opens: December 20, 2018
- Intake/registration closes: January 7, 2019
Runs: April 8th- May 31st
- Intake/registration opens: February 11
- Intake/registration closes: March 31
Runs: June 3rd- July 26th
- Intake/registration opens: April 22
- Intake/registration closes: May 6
Runs: August 12th- October 4th
- Intake/registration opens: July 1
- Intake/registration closes: July 15
Runs: October 21st- December 13th
- Intake/registration opens: September 9
- Intake/registration closes: September 23
We have a two part registration process to participate in the program.
Step 1: Complete our registration form:
- Online form: Click Here
- Print version: Click Here
- Please send the print version registration form to email@example.com or drop it off at 153 Frederick Street, Kitchener, Ontario
Step 2: Once your registration form has been received you will be contacted to schedule a meeting and a tour of the In Her Shoes store and work space.
For More Information
Director of Youth Services