The YW accepts donations of non-monetary items throughout the year in support of our programs.
We greatly appreciate receiving the items below.
New or Clean and Gently Used Wish List Items
- Mugs, bowls, cutlery, and children’s drinking glasses
- Pillows, towels, and facecloths
- Brooms, mops, and pails
- Single bed sheets and blankets
New Wish List Items
- Bus tickets and gift cards from Tim Hortons, McDonald's, and Zehrs
- Gift items for women, persons who are transgender, adolescent children, and adult men
- PJs, underwear, slippers, and socks for females and males of all ages and sizes
- Toiletries, brushes, and combs for females and males
- Razors and shaving cream
- Colouring books, crayons, markers, and craft items for children of all ages
- Small stuffed animals to give to children coming into the shelter
Items may be dropped off at the YW Administration Office, First Floor, 153 Frederick St., Kitchener, between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday to Friday.
We are not able to pick up your donations.
However, if you require assistance carrying in your donations, please call us at 519-576-8856 before your visit to ensure that we have staff or volunteers available to help you.
Short-term parking is available on Irvin Street. Please do not use Three Kretans parking.
All items not able to be used immediately will be used in support of our programs and services during the year.
Hockey Helps the Homeless Silent Auction Wish List
Hockey Helps the Homeless, a registered charity whose mission is “to raise awareness and financial support for the homeless,” has raised $114,700 for the YW since 2014.
Please contact us at 519-576-8856 if you are able to donate any of the following sports-themed items for HHTH’s Silent Auction in October 2018:
- Gift certificates.